Mtei Express is one of the leading road transport service providers in Tanzania. It has a strong team and well managed buses which it uses in providing quality transport services to all regions within Tanzania daily.
Its fleet of over 30 semi luxurious buses ply the Dar es Salaam , Arusha, Babati and Singida routes amongst others.
The bus company works towards maintaining its reputation as an highly recognized road transport service provider by ensuring its services are efficient, reliable, comfortable and hospitable.
Mtei Express Online Booking
Tickets for Mtei express buses can be obtained by visiting any of its bus terminals on the day of departure, via contacting the company via the phone numbers stated below or via online booking.
Booking your tickets online is the easiest of them all and you enjoy certain perks found only on the company’s official website or the app. The website is www.mteiexpress.co.tz and the app is the Busbora app.
Here are a few steps to guide you whilst booking your tickets;
- Visit the website
- Search your bus by inputting your departure point, destination and departure date.
- Available buses would come up, then you select the seats of your choice, boarding point and dropping point.
- You are required to provide some persons details such as name, phone number and email address .
- Proceed to payment via M-Pesa, Tpesa, Airtel money or mobile money
- You will receive a confirmation sms or email with your ticket.
- Download the ticket and present it on the day of departure.
You can also confirm the prices of your ticket using our TpChecker Transport Cost Checker Tool.
Mtei Express Contact Details
You can reach out to Mtei Express customer support team for your enquiries via any of the following;
- Headquarters: 6635+CMF, Ubungo Street, Dar es Salaam.
- Head Office: +255 755 717 117
- Dar es Salaam Office: +255 655 668 754
- Kahama: +255 769 962 748
- Moshi: +255 742 144 115
- Kateshi: +255 699 884 884
Mtei Express Fleet Line
Mtei Express owns, operates and manages a fleet of semi luxurious buses of the Chinese Yutong bus models, Scania Marcopolo buses and a few locally fabricated buses.
Most of the buses are imported and equipped with custom interior designs and features to keep passengers comfortable during road trips.
Some of the features include;
- 2 by 2 reclining seats
- Arm rests and Legroom’s
- Air conditioning systems
- USB charging ports on every seat
- Sound system for announcements and entertainment
- Overhead luggage compartments and reading lights.
Mtei Express Major Routes
Mtei Express buses ply the following routes on a daily:
- Dar es Salaam to Kateshi
- Dar es Salaam to Dodoma
- Dar es Salaam to Babati
- Moshi to Kahama
- Arusha to Kahama
- Arusha to Katesh
- Arusha to Ibaga
- Arusha to Singida
- Rombo to Singida
Frequently Asked Questions
- What app can I use in booking the Mtei Express bus tickets? Tickets can be bought online via the company’s official website @www.Mtei express.co.tz or via the Busbora mobile app available on google play and App Store. There are various exclusive in-app booking features such as discounts.
- How do I pay for the tickets online: online booking payments can be done via M-Pesa, Airtel Money, Tpesa, Tigo Pesa and Mobile banking.
- Does Mtei Express offer luxurious services? Nmtei w press offers passengers semi luxurious transport services at affordable prices. However, the features in the buses can be considered luxurious.
- Does the bus company have an online presence? Asides its official website which is usually updated with important details, Mtei express has an instagram page where it also posts pictures, discount offers, daily schedules amongst others. Visit the instagram page @mtei_express_bus.
Mtei express provides daily bus transportation from Dar es Salaam and Arusha to various cities in Tanzania at relatively affordable prices with its fleet of semi luxurious buses.
They operate a well scheduled timetable which makes booking of tickets possible. Tickets can be booked online or bought at any of the company’s bus terminals. Mtei Express remains one of Tanzania’s top road transport operators.